(just a few "Gypsy" bands on tour - there's a HUGE variety out there):
* GOGOL BORDELLO call themselves 'New York Gypsy Punk' - it's nothing like anything, and yet Eugene Hutz and his band have played with many of the groups in our film, and the Russian Kolpakov Trio who were on the first Gypsy Caravan tour and somehow it all goes well together. (They also performed with Madonna, but that's another story).
* BALKAN BEAT BOX a delicious mish mash of Balkan music including loads of Romani tunes.
* DJ GAETANO FABRI created 'Gypsy Nights' CD intertwining the zest and danceability of great Gypsy music (including many bands in this film). Also tours with Mahala Rai Banda.
More at: www.myspace.com/djgaetanofabri * YURI YUNAKOV Bulgarian Romani wedding music masters go global on USA tour (sep/oct 2007)
* MAHALA RAI BANDA - hot younger band from Romania. Also perform with DJ Gaetano Fabri.
* KOCANI ORKESTAR - rocking Macedonian Romani group with oriental influences.